Status of proposal

From: aa935@chebucto.ns.ca
To: Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>
Cc: ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:51:40 -0300

Chris,

In my view it is the office that quotes rates to prospects;  it is the board
that sets rates; it is the IP Chair who develops and proposes rates.

Other committees and groups have responsibility to establish accounts, lead
users through the various registration processes, etc.

It appears that Mr. Dares may have made first contact with me via an e-mail
link from the VDN page.  (This link should not have been created in the first
place.  It has been removed.)  The request related to fees.

At the date of the request, the interim fee structure was in effect, so there
was no need for Mr. Dares to contact the IP Chair directly. Other avenues would
have been more appropriate. In any event, the then current IP rates were
communicated.

In Mr. Dares' latest communications, he references the "status of the hostel
proposal for CCN IP with premium service?". In my communications no such
proposal was made.  Has someone else in the office or operations have such a
proposal?

Doug M

Quoting Christopher Majka <nextug@is.dal.ca>:

> Hi Doug,
>
> On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Doug McCann wrote:
>
> > The office gave him my e-mail address and directed his query to me, that
> > is why this question is directed to me.  I informed the office not to
> > follow this proceedure, but to hand off any queries to the appropriate
> > committe member or committee.
>
> But he's inquiring about a VDN and rates thereto. That's the baliwick of
> the IP Chair, yes?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

> > His communications on this have been with you, haven't they (below)? I'm
> > not even sure what it is that he wants to know.
> >
> > On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Doug McCann wrote:
> >
> > > Who is handling this request?
> > >
> > > Doug McCann
> > > IP Chair

> > > Hi Doug,
> > >
> > > I don't me to be a bother, but I really need to know if we'll be
> > > accepted by CCN or if I have to make other arrangements.
> > >
> > > Could you please let me know when you'll decide one way or the other.
> > >
> > > -Tom

> with premium service?  When can we expect a decision?  Are you waiting for
> anything from us?

 This mail was sent through the Nova Scotia Provincial Server.
 http://nsaccess.ns.ca/mail/ (in development)