Front page banner -Reply

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 01:33:38 -0300
From: "Doug McCann" <mccannd@gov.ns.ca>
To: @chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca, potter@chebucto.ns.ca

The test page 'index.htm' contains redirection to move graphic users to the rotating banner page.  Novice users in text mode would never see this page.

The intent is to have  the election page live for two or three days at most.  The current page would again become the default.  If the single page concept is required even in this period, I can rework the page to fit, without distrurbing the current content.

Doug M

>>>   < @chebucto.ns.ca> 07/26 12:02 am >>>

Hi Doug,

   Unfortunately, we will have to develop a second page (one consisting of
the graphics version of the homepage) and use a script to determine which
to deliver to the users prior to selection of that page.

   Your test pages disturb the spacing on the Lynx page, forcing it to
overflow onto a second page by a couple of lines with Lynx set to novice
mode.  We have always maintained to keep the novice page setting to one
page (for practical and aesthetic reasons) since CCN's inception and are
planning to use a script to select either text or graphics homepage
depending on the browser.  Ken Burke of the library also requested we try
to keep the text homepage to one page in novice mode.

CCN Tech / Userhelp