Front page banner

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 17:20:49 -0400
To: "Doug McCann" <mccannd@gov.ns.ca>
From: ljdeveau@glinx.com
Cc: ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

Thanks for that initiative, Doug.

Unless you hear strong reasoned objections, I'd say go with #1 as a 'public
service' to CCN members as soon as possible.

Re. #2, this could be a good vehicle for us to consider within the
membership and IP fee discussions.

Cheers,
Leo
------

>1.  On Tuesday the banner page at
>     http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa935/election/index.htm
>     could be made available as a public service.  There are two
>     versions - a single banner pointing to the CBC results page
>                   - a rotating banner showing links and graphics for
>                      CBC and the major parties.  This one is limited to
>                       Netscape 5 and MSIE 4 browsers.  The above
>                       index.htm determines browser used and redirects.
>

>2.  As a services offering or reward to Supporting IPs, we could have
>     a permanent display advertising the support.  The service can
>     be used as an inducement to donate $$$ to CCN.  See
>     http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa935/ads/index.htm.
>
>We would require a quick approval for option 1.
>
>Option 2 would be an element in our proposal for membership and IP fees.
>

>Comments and suggestions please.
>
>Note:  The gremlins are at work this weekend, with Dal down for servicing,
>and my e-mail application is acting up.  An e-mail dialogue may be
>intermitant.
>
>Doug M

__________________________________
Leo J. Deveau
Executive Director
Chebucto Community Net
Halifax, N.S.
Canada
"Look at all those people who see them.
Earth is probably like the Alabama of the universe !"
-Kathleen Madigan, Best Female Comedian,
American Comedy Award in -
WHY ALIENS NEVER STAY.