re IP of the month

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 07:48:38 -0300 (ADT)
From: Susan Newhook <suenew@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Mike Cormier <mcormier@nsaccess.ns.ca>
cc: CCN Information Provider Committee <ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca>, CCN Communications Committee <ccn-comm@chebucto.ns.ca>,

(cc Chris and DLP as well, but you'll get at least two apiece anyway!)

Mike et al--what about flagging the "NS'Political Parties" link on the
Govt and Ptx section as a source of info on the election?
  That would be easy to put in an MOTD.

The campaign links are already added to the 3 parties' regular sites,
which are posted as that one link on Govt and Ptx.

  Dunno if we (ok, you) can find a link to a site w/in govt for where to
check rules and make sure you're on the voters' list (Chief Electoral
Officer)...but I will know next week (see below!). If so, it would round
off a useful service to voters.

I'm not thinking about non-election-related links like HRM's here; though
I take your point about a need to update the works, it would be nice to
have this timely bit up soonliest.

  Full disclosure :) Starting next week I"ll be doing some work with CBC's
election website and once it's up to speed a bit more I plan to let ISP's
around Hfx know they're welcome to link to it.
   Whether you use it or not is a discussion from which I hereby remove
myself...its usefulness and text-friendliness are up to you folks to
assess.
  (And no, I had nothing to do w/ the headline that mangles "steelworkers"
w/ misplaced apostrophes!)

cheers
Sue
Sue Newhook