Nova Scotia Community Organization Network

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:51:09 -0400
To: Edward Dyer <aa146@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Peter Morgan <ae112@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: David Potter <dlpotter@ns.sympatico.ca>, ccn-board@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

>> > Interesting to note the success they've had attracting sponsors...
>> >
>> > 	http://www.nsnet.org/
>> >
>> > david potter

Well, I count about 15 organizations. Lost our way? No. Our ability to
partner with folks like this? Yes. Their ability to put forth a plain and
simple front end that makes it obvious what they do? Great.

Lessons: clean up our website. Sort out how to move beyond the current
ip-paralysis.

>> What's more interesting to me is that this is precisely the kind of
>> organization that the original CCN members had in mind working with
>> 5 years ago.
>>
>> Have we lost our way?  IMHO, we should be actively seeking these
>> sorts of organizations to partner with.  I'm sure there are local
>> groups who could do this kind of thing, serving a different segment
>> of the panorama.
>>
>> Ed Dyer aa146@chebucto.ns.ca   (902) H 826-7496  CCN  Assistant Postmaster
>> Religion Page Editor, Chebucto Community Network http://www.chebucto.ns.ca
>>

>Regards,
>David Murdoch CET
>--
>     HRM Regional Community Access Project (CAP) Coordinator,
>     Operations Manager and Technical Coordinator, Chebucto Community Net
>         http://www.chebucto.ns.ca - 902 422 2110 voice
>	http://www.csuite.ns.ca

Peter Morgan
Chair, Chebucto Community Network
Web:		http://www.chebucto.ns.ca
Email: 	ae112@chebucto.ns.ca
CCN Office:	902.494.2449

GETTING A CHEBUCTO ACCOUNT
Chebucto accounts are free, but a $20/year adult membership is strongly
encouraged. Anyone with modem access and a terminal communications program
(e.g. hyperterminal on Windows 95) can dial in to 902.494.8006 and login as
"guest" with no password. Use the shortcut "g register" to register to
obtain a personal account. Public access facilities are available in all
the library branches in Nova Scotia. People will help! Call 902.494.2449

MISSION STATEMENT
	CCN is a volunteer organization which provides the technology,
infrastructure and training that enables all people in the Greater Halifax
Region to participate in an electronic public space.  Users can gather and
share information and take part in exchanges and dialogue that enrich their
lives and their community.

CHEBUCTO STATS
	4900+ active members
	almost 200 information providers