Forms (fwd)

Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 18:38:23 -0400 (AST)
From: Michael Smith <michael@csuite.ns.ca>
To: ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 18:29:38 -0400
From: ad059 <ad059@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: IP-FTP testing group <ipftp-users@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject: Forms

Greetings,
I have been trying to  make a form box and find that the information
that gets submitted gets sent to a sub directory of RATE. I have tried
making some subdirectories and submitting information from a form but
when I submit the information from the form, the file the information is
sent to can't be found. Can you give me any hints on what and where this
file would be called in Chebucto? I have tried various ways as you will
see below.

The form box is so that people can give us a little information about
them selves, like where they are from and what is happening in their
area, and perhaps their e-mail address. I know that they could also send
us an e-mail but I feel a form box would make it easier for people, and
thus more likely they would communicate with our group on pesticide
issues.

Below is what I have tried so far.
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Form Test</TITLE>
<META name="description" content="">
<META name="keywords" content="">
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=FFFFFF TEXT=000000 LINK=0000FF VLINK=800080>

Pesticides are used almost every where today. It is getting hard to
avoid these toxic
chemicals<P>This is a form test..
<!--Below is the different methods I have tried. I have also added the
subdirectories to RATE's files at Chebucto as described below, but none
of them have worked --->
<FORM METHOD=POST
ACTION="http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Environment/RATE/cgi-bin/gather_textarea/responses.html">

Is responses suposed to be directory
<FORM METHOD=POST
ACTION="http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Environment/RATE/cgi-bin/gather_textarea/responses">

This one didn't work at all
<!-- <FORM METHOD=POST
ACTION="ftp://chebucto.ns.ca/csuite/info/Environment/RATE/cgi-bin/gather_textarea">
--->

<HR>
<STRONG>Let us know where you are from and what is happening in your
area.</STRONG>

<!-- I called my form box " responses", but I am wondering if it should
end with an html
<BR><TEXTAREA NAME="responses" ROWS="5" COLS="65" WRAP> I am from
...</TEXTAREA>
<HR>
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Send info">
<INPUT TYPE="reset">
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

This is the Error message I get when I try to submit the information in
the form to chebucto
Error:
We're sorry, but the file you requested was not found on this server.
Please try again later to see if
the link has been updated.
[Home] [CCN Home Page] [Contacts (Support)]

If you have any information that can put me on the right track I would
appreciate it.
Thanks for your time,
Lance