Call For Volunteers

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:38:46 -0300 (ADT)
From: Peter Mortimer <ag500@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Charlie MacDonald <av171@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: editors@chebucto.ns.ca, ccn-ip@chebucto.ns.ca

Hello Charlie,

I will be out of town for a few weeks, could you hold off sending this out
until May?  Also, I'd like to get agreement among editors and the IP
Committee on how we integrate new volunteers *before* we begin
recruitment. Speaking from personal experience - new volunteers will be
discouraged if we don't have an effective way to bring them on stream.

Is the role of "IP mentor" referred to in my previous post part of the
role envisioned in this post?

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Charlie MacDonald wrote:

> Hi Peter: I have been remiss in not sending this request to
> CCN-Volunteers.  I had sent it to Ben for final approval but it seems to
> have died there.  Should I now send it?  Here it is:
>

>                         CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
>

> COMMITTEE: Information Providers
>
> WANTED: IPPromoters
>
> DUTIES: The Information Providers Committee of Chebucto Community
> Net is looking to establish a subgroup that would promote CCN and
> actively  solicit new Information Providers. "This team would
> look for groups, associations & organizations which could benefit
> from a relationship with the CCN, contact them and brief them on
> the opportunities and advantages that the CCN offers. If
> interested, they would be directed to the appropriate CCN
> channels to start the Information Provider process rolling."
>

> QUALIFICATIONS:Enthusiasm for the concept of the CCN and an
>  outgoing personality with good communication skills.  Technical
> background  should include a working knowledge of HTML coding is
> not absolutely necessary but it would be an asset.
>

> HOW TO VOLUNTEER:  Send a message to Peter Mortimer
> (ag500@chebucto.ns.ca)
> indicating your interest.
>
>        Thank you in advance for your support.

   ----