landon: document

Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 21:15:07 -0300
From: Andrew Dacey <ac213@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: CSuite Testing Reports <csuite-tech@chebucto.ns.ca>

Fixed. Actually, this is more of a "non-bug". Looking at the csuite.sh
script (which is run when rebooting after a Red Hat install), it turns out
to do the exact same thing as you would when restarting csbuild (cd
/usr/src/csuite-1.0 and then ./csbuild). The problem only ocurs if you
reinstall csuite and run csbuild with an updated distribution (ie, run
csbuild, have problems and stop it, reinstall CSuite with fixes for
problem without deleting older distribution). So basically, this is only a
problem in our test environment where there is rapid turnaround in
distribuitions!

On Sun, 4 May 1997, David J. Murdoch wrote:

> Please document that if a fresh start od ./csbuild is made, rather than a
> restart of ./csbuild, the directory /usr/src/csuite-1.0 should be removed
> completely as it has subdirectories that would comtaminate the new build.
> With a restart this is not a problem.
> --
> 	David Murdoch

Andrew Dacey					     ac213@chebucto.ns.ca
CSuite Installation Co-ordinator,       http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ac213/
Chebucto Community Net                           455-6195 hm, 494-2449 wk