RedHat/CSuite install, fr

Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 11:12:27 -0300
From: Andrew Dacey <ac213@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: csuite-tech@chebucto.ns.ca
cc: Landon Boyd <landon@chebucto.ns.ca>

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Andrew Dacey wrote:

> Well this morning I got a nice surprise. I had left csbuild running after
> doing the RedHat install in french (currently in the "blah" stage).
> CSbuild had stopped at asking for the directory to install CSuite. When I
> answered that I was surprised to find that when lynx came up it was in
> french! Aparently, LANG=fr was picked up from the french install (even
> after the reboot it would seem) as I don't remember setting my language
> preference to french when I started the CSbuild. I will test this again
> today to confirm this.

Did another test of this and lynx came up in english. I was asked what my
language preference was in CSbuild and I answered english so this was
correct for lynx to come up in english. It was late last night when I did
the install and Landon might have done another one since I left so that
could explain the french lynx coming up. Anyways, it seems to actually ask
for your language preference and then does use it.

Andrew Dacey					     ac213@chebucto.ns.ca
CSuite Installation Co-ordinator,       http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ac213/
Chebucto Community Net                           455-6195 hm, 494-2449 wk