frugal: linux install

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:03:11 -0300
From: Landon Boyd <landon@csuite.chebucto.ns.ca>
To: csuite-tech@chebucto.ns.ca

On Wed, Apr 30, 1997 at 01:51:25PM -0300, David J. Murdoch wrote:
> Really from Andrew using DJM's mail window!
>
> When running csbuild after doing the RedHat install the program stopped
> because of a problem. The last 2 lines of output seem to be the answer to
> this:
>
> configure: error: cannot link curses
> make: *** No rule to make target 'linux'. Stop.

This was due to a missing libtermcap-devel package.  The Lynx build fails
without it.

I've installed the package on frugal so you should be able to continue with
the install.  I've also added it to the /var/cd/RedHat/base/comps file, so
the next CD produced should be set up properly.

--

Landon Boyd                          landon@chebucto.ns.ca
Distribution Support Technician,     http://chebucto.ns.ca/~landon