[NatureNS] Spring Sounds?

From: Jacquie Dale <jacquie.dale@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 12:59:08 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--000000000000535bad05a45beac7

Hi Patricia
We live up on the North Mountain and have a large pond in our yard. We have
spring peepers and they have been peeping for a couple of weeks but we have
noticed there are not nearly as numerous as previous years. We also have
wood frogs. They are very active during the day (except when we approach
the pond to watch the frenzy they suddenly go quiet and take a dive). But
we have also noticed the numbers to be lower than previous years. We are
hoping the numbers will increase as spring progresses and the weather
warms. As we have not been here that long it is difficult for us to
determine what is "normal."

Jacquie
Harbourville, NS

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020, 12:34 PM plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca, <
plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> It's been an odd spring in many ways, with a repeating pattern of a few
> lovely warm days followed by prolonged cold.  There hasn't been much
> mention of Spring Peepers and Wood Frogs.  Of course many of us don't live
> within walking distance of their habitat, and we aren't getting out as we
> usually do.  However my brother reports that he has not heard any yet this
> spring in Bedford, and I am wondering if something has happened there, with
> current development.
>
> Given the snowy view outside my window, I'd be surprised if anyone has
> heard Spring Peepers in the last 24 hours, but have they been active?  have
> you been hearing them in their usual haunts?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patricia L. Chalmers
> Halifax

--000000000000535bad05a45beac7

 North Mountain and have a large pond in our yard. We have spring peepers a=
nd they have been peeping for a couple of weeks but we have noticed there a=
re not nearly as numerous as previous years. We also have wood frogs. They =
are very active during the day (except when we approach the pond to watch t=
he frenzy they suddenly go quiet and take a dive). But we have also noticed=
 the numbers to be lower than previous years. We are hoping the numbers wil=
l increase as spring progresses and the weather warms. As we have not been =
here that long it is difficult for us to determine what is &quot;normal.&qu=
f=3D"mailto:plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca">plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca</a>, &lt=
;<a href=3D"mailto:plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca">plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca</=
a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 =
0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>
   =20
=20
=20
s been an odd spring in many ways, with a repeating pattern of a few lovely=
 warm days followed by prolonged cold.=C2=A0 There hasn&#39;t been much men=
tion of Spring Peepers and Wood Frogs.=C2=A0 Of course many of us don&#39;t=
 live within walking distance of their habitat, and we aren&#39;t getting o=
ut as we usually do.=C2=A0 However my brother reports that he has not heard=
 any yet this spring in Bedford, and I am wondering if something has happen=
ed there, with current development.</span>
   =C2=A0
he snowy view outside my window, I&#39;d be surprised if anyone has heard S=
pring Peepers in the last 24 hours, but have they been active?=C2=A0 have y=
ou been hearing them in their usual haunts?</span>
   =C2=A0
   =C2=A0
a L. Chalmers</span>
=20