[NatureNS] Lady bugs inside

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=45.2.193.48; helo=[192.168.0.102]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 08:03:42 -0300

                &lt;div&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;/div
--------------FFEE74FD6BD612B684F75311

Hi Carmel & All,

     In 1997 the Canadian Nature Federation sponsored a Canadian Lady
Beetle Survey which included a visual guide to ID. On the internet I was
not able to locate anything comparable. Bug Guide is useful if one can
learn to avoid the misleading images.

     Yes Adalia bipunctata (two spotted) was sometimes abundant.

     For a painless introduction to beetles in general (mug shots)
Beetles of Eastern North America Authur V. Evans 2014 has beautiful
illustrations. Be aware that "God has an inordinate fondness for beetles".

YT, DW, Kentville