[NatureNS] no bees yet

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 13:43:50 -0400

On 4/12/2020 12:53 PM, Larry Bogan wrote:

> There are only a few honey bees today in the crocus and heath but it is windy today. Last week when the weather was as warm and there was little wind, the honey bees covered the blossoms

* are there wild Honey Bees in Nova Scotia these days, or are there just
domesticated ones from hives protected from the Tracheal Mites? In
eastern Ontario we seem to have only the domesticated ones.

fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
          Fragile Inheritance Natural History
'Wildlife on Roads' -
http://doingnaturalhistory.blogspot.ca/2018/03/upcoming-book-wildlife-on-roads-handbook.html
'Daily' Paintings - http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
   on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain  44.87156° N 75.70095° W
"Feasting on Conolophus to the conclusion of consanguinity"
  -
http://www.lulu.com/shop/frederick-w-schueler/feasting-on-conolophus-to-the-conclusion-of-consanguinity-a-collection-of-darwinian-verses/paperback/product-23517445.html