[NatureNS] Woodland Jumping Mouse

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 17:42:13 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&amp;gt; &
Not sure how common these are but this was the first time I have seen one (I read they are nocturnal). I was cutting  lakeshore alders, a yearly task. I disturbed something when I threw the branches onto my nearby permanent brush pile. It went behind me and must have circled to go back via the shore. I saw a sparrow-sized mouse land on the shore and bound off into the rocks near where it started. Assuming Woodland JM by habitat as I could not see the tail tip- it was all too fast.

Nancy D
E Dalhousie, Kings Co.

Sent from my iPad