[NatureNS] White Point, Queens

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:58:50 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01D48313.22864870

Well, I think it is plain to see winter has arrived.=20
It was -11 here yesterday before factoring in the wind, Steve said. We =
have a fair bit of activity at the feeders despite cutting down a lot of =
the vine cover.=20
We are seeing: Blue Jays, who stay all day wrapped about cylinder =
feeders that should make it hard to feed from them (Not working). =
Chickadees, Juncos, American Gold finches. Sparrows, Song and =
White-throats and a few puzzles. Grackles and Starlings along with both =
Male and female Red-winged blackbirds. Nuthatches, both White and Red- =
Bellied. Woodpeckers include Hairy, Downey and a Northern Flicker from =
time to time. Mourning Doves.=20
I have not seen the Egret that is vacationing at the Resort gold course =
since Wed..
We have at least two Chipmunks still coming out to collect food, maybe =
they were flooded out. I do not know. Oh and The other day when it was =
really windy (again) a brown headed cowbird blew in.=20
There are several crows again, usually 3, the family of nine seems to =
have broken up.
We have had 5 deer, two does three fawns but I have been told one of the =
was killed on the highway the other night. They move so quickly up out =
of a deep ditch and stop just where the straight stretch starts... very =
sad.=20
I heard coyotes holding forth last night.

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,=20
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia=20
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393=20
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca=20
By Appointment, please
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01D48313.22864870

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 18pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Well, I think it is plain to see winter has arrived. </DIV>
<DIV>It was -11 here yesterday before factoring in the wind, Steve said. =
We have=20
a fair bit of activity at the feeders despite cutting down a lot of the =
vine=20
cover. </DIV>
<DIV>We are seeing: Blue Jays, who stay all day wrapped about cylinder =
feeders=20
that should make it hard to feed from them (Not working). Chickadees, =
Juncos,=20
American Gold finches. Sparrows, Song and White-throats and a few =
puzzles.=20
Grackles and Starlings along with both Male and female Red-winged =
blackbirds.=20
Nuthatches, both White and Red- Bellied. Woodpeckers include Hairy, =
Downey and a=20
Northern Flicker from time to time. Mourning Doves. </DIV>
<DIV>I have not seen the Egret that is vacationing at the Resort gold =
course=20
since Wed..</DIV>
<DIV>We have at least two Chipmunks still coming out to collect food, =
maybe they=20
were flooded out. I do not know. Oh and The other day when it was really =
windy=20
(again) a brown headed cowbird blew in. </DIV>
<DIV>There are several crows again, usually 3, the family of nine seems =
to have=20
broken up.</DIV>
<DIV>We have had 5 deer, two does three fawns but I have been told one =
of the=20
was killed on the highway the other night. They move so quickly up out =
of a deep=20
ditch and stop just where the straight stretch starts... very sad. =
</DIV>
<DIV>I heard coyotes holding forth last night.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>White Point Artist, Marg Millard</DIV>
<DIV>19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co., </DIV>
<DIV>R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia </DIV>
<DIV>B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393 </DIV>
<DIV>LocalArtistMargMillard.ca </DIV>
<DIV>By Appointment, please</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01D48313.22864870--