[NatureNS] White oak Quercus alba

From: David Simpson <david.sonsimp@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 12:40:44 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--000000000000659ed305767795cf

I've been seeing some oaks around Windsor lately that have rounded margins,
different than our red oaks. Some small shrubby on roadsides but recently a
mature tree with lots of acorns (collected 20 or so). Pretty sure these are
Quercus alba, Eastern White Oak so named in my Sibley's guide to trees.
This species is absent in my ns tree guide. Can anyone comment on this tree
and whether it is naturalized in these parts?

Also of note, saw a grey squirrel in my backyard in Curry's Corner a few
days ago.

Dave in Hants County

--000000000000659ed305767795cf

 have rounded margins, different than our red oaks. Some small shrubby on r=
oadsides but recently a mature tree with lots of acorns (collected 20 or so=
). Pretty sure these are Quercus alba, Eastern White Oak so named in my Sib=
ley&#39;s guide to trees. This species is absent in my ns tree guide. Can a=
nyone comment on this tree and whether it is naturalized in these parts?<di=
l in my backyard in Curry&#39;s Corner a few days ago.=C2=A0</div><div dir=

--000000000000659ed305767795cf--