Re[2]: [NatureNS] Question about bird bodies

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:12:09 -0300

style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'&gt;&

--Boundary_(ID_ShDeggNJ1a9iHMcWorByBg)

Actually Randy I was thinking about your collection but the odds of this one finding its way to you from here are more slim than before. Are Gannets on your list? I was told it was in fairly good shape.
Marg
You're right, David. In fact, many people collect mortalities for the StFX collection withou a permit, and the local DNR is aware of this. It helps if the person emails me that they've picked up a critter and will be bringing it to me. Similarly, people may find a road killed raptor, pick it up and bring it to DNR to get a taxidermy permit. I have yet to hear of anyone getting charged at the front desk for not getting the permit first.  They also make allowances for good-hearted people bringing in injured wildlife to Helene, or other rehabbers.

Randy

--Boundary_(ID_ShDeggNJ1a9iHMcWorByBg)

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=ltr>
<DIV dir=ltr>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Actually Randy I was thinking about your collection but the odds of this
one finding its way to you from here are more slim than before. Are Gannets on
your list? I was told it was in fairly good shape. </DIV>
<DIV>Marg</DIV>
<DIV>..............................................</DIV>
<DIV>You're right, David. In fact, many people collect mortalities for the StFX
collection withou a permit, and the local DNR is aware of this. It helps if the
person emails me that they've picked up a critter and will be bringing it to me.
Similarly, people may find a road killed raptor, pick it up and bring it to DNR
to get a taxidermy permit. I have yet to hear of anyone getting charged at the
front desk for not getting the permit first.&nbsp; They also make allowances for
good-hearted people bringing in injured wildlife to Helene, or other
rehabbers.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Randy </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_ShDeggNJ1a9iHMcWorByBg)--