[NatureNS] Question about bird bodies

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "Frederick W. Schueler" <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 22:18:34 -0400

&lt;div&gt;Subject: Re: [NatureNS] Question about bird bodies&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&g
On 4/25/2018 9:01 PM, Joanne Cook wrote:
> I also wonder how far this is taken. I have collected - as did my kids
> when they were little - feathers from gull carcasses, a seal jawbone,
> etc. Am I unwittingly a miscreant in the eyes of the law?

* the law about possession of feathers was written to stop the
ladies-hats trade in Egret plumes, and I've never heard of its being
enforced about incidentally picked up shed feathers or carcasses taken
to museums.

fred.

--
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad