[NatureNS] A Number of Bird Sightings

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 19:28:03 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Apple-Mail-C2B39993-5E7A-4A56-90F6-D478FB629E6F

Please keep us posted re the Plover seen by David Walmark. It would be a Spr=
ing First Arrival if a Semipalmated.=20

Nancy

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 22, 2018, at 6:45 PM, James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> First an osprey back at West LaHave, no sign of a second yet.  Two osprey b=
ack in Lilydale and two back at the golf course in Lunenburg, reported by Ba=
rbara McLean.  I saw one in Petite Riviere today, but Lise Bell reports two p=
resent. =20
>=20
> Carol-Anne Mosher had a rose-breasted grosbeak male in Kingsburg. =20
>=20
> David Walmark reported a semi-palmated plover in Kingsburg, it was at eith=
er Kingsburg Beach or Hirtle's, but unsure which he saw it at.  I queried hi=
m and he is unsure now that it was not a piping plover.  He will look again t=
omorrow and will update. =20
>=20
> Ardith Wile has an indigo bunting in Bridgewater.  I saw it today and phot=
ographed it.  It is also tending at a feeder three homes up from her.  Anoth=
er indigo bunting was reported as in Feltzen South. =20
>=20
> Lise Bell on Thursday saw the ivory gull at Crescent Beach that her mother=
 saw a while back, so it is still hanging in the area somewhere.  Lise had s=
een it along Crescent Beach again.  Lise also has had a brown-headed cowbird=
.  Both she and I saw a yellow-rumped warbler in song at Bush Island today. =
 Lise spotted a Blue grosbeak today at Green Bay in front of Shirley Cohrs h=
ouse.  Today there were three greater yellowlegs along Crescent Beach, which=
 I saw and photographed.  Also, the western willet was still there.  Both Li=
se and her mom had palm warblers today. =20
>=20
> On a run inland to Mount Pleasant there were two tree swallows at Haley La=
ke.  Also, along the Watermill Road a hermit thrush flew across in front of m=
y car. =20
>=20
> I'm not sure if I remembered everything, but if I did not I'll post other t=
hings later.  Oh yeah, the bald eagles are nesting again below Nova Scotia L=
ight and Power just on the outskirts of Bridgewater.  I first saw them there=
 in February.  A few days ago an adult was nearby and today an adult was def=
initely siting on eggs on the nest. =20
>=20
> James R. Hirtle
> LaHave

--Apple-Mail-C2B39993-5E7A-4A56-90F6-D478FB629E6F

 two present.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
 again tomorrow and will update.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
 cowbird.&nbsp; Both she and I saw a yellow-rumped warbler in song at Bush Island today.&nbsp; Lise spotted a Blue grosbeak today at Green Bay in front of Shirley Cohrs house.&nbsp; Today there were three greater yellowlegs along Crescent Beach, which I saw and photographed.&nbsp;
 Also, the western willet was still there.&nbsp; Both Lise and her mom had palm warblers today.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
 them there in February.&nbsp; A few days ago an adult was nearby and today an adult was definitely siting on eggs on the nest.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>

--Apple-Mail-C2B39993-5E7A-4A56-90F6-D478FB629E6F--