[NatureNS] Osprey, Piping Plover and Snow Goose -Pictou Co.

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken54@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 19:23:40 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

 Hi all
A single Osprey back at Pumphouse Rd in Granton today. Also Snow Goose at Rollie MacDonalds Field in Haliburton was seen this afternoon for third day in a row. Piping Plover back at Black Pt, Pictou Co. -a male bird supporting black flag 3K in white letters on right thigh. This bird was banded on Pomquet Beach, Antigonish  last year and mate of a pair with a nest there. The  4 eggs hatched last year but all 4 young disappeared before fledging. In migration last year 3K was last seen at Cape Hatteras NC Aug 4, 2017.  I have reported the band and if further sightings were noted over the winter will pass on the info.
Cheers
Ken

Sent from my iPad
Ken McKenna