[NatureNS] Solo Purple Finch

From: Jeff Hiltz <4x4play@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 21:51:14 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--94eb2c0570921aeebe05681df04f

It has been a very slow winter for birds in Springhill. Very few
goldfinches, pigeons, starlings and some chickadees. The highlight of the
winter was a returning flicker who we would see every second day or so.
We did not see a single purple finch all winter until two days ago when we
had a solo male purple finch at the feeder at the same time as a flock of
goldfinches. But today he was back completely by himself. I found it odd to
see only one by himself. Scouting for the rest perhaps??

Happy Spring everyone!!

Cheers!
Jeff Hiltz

--94eb2c0570921aeebe05681df04f

ry few goldfinches, pigeons, starlings and some chickadees. The highlight o=
f the winter was a returning flicker who we would see every second day or s=
o.<br>We did not see a single purple finch all winter until two days ago wh=
en we had a solo male purple finch at the feeder at the same time as a floc=
k of goldfinches. But today he was back completely by himself. I found it o=
dd to see only one by himself. Scouting for the rest perhaps??<br><br>Happy=

--94eb2c0570921aeebe05681df04f--