[NatureNS] First Spring Arrivals

From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 16:28:03 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--94eb2c06226c0291560567f133f5

It quickly becomes clear that the concept is complicated. Developing a
TABLE presentation for this topic is nothing like the Birds of Winter List
or the February List. For those it is Seen or Not Seen, province-wide, end
of discussion.

First Spring Arrivals in Table form, for the entire province, also has to
be binary, does it not ? Or how many Tables with how many location boxes
per species will be needed ?

As proposed:
Almost-Rigid-Migrants included, All Others not
First Record included, All Later Records not.

Aside from the above concept, you very quickly go to a set of tables for
each County (?) or a written Discussion much like we already have (had) in
NS Birds. No ?

I believe the actual question is whether the birding community feels a
single table approach for Almost-Rigid-Migrants, First Record only,
province-wide, adds to our total knowledge in a useful way.

When I saw the first notice from Alix, I thought it was very exciting and
was surprised that a few individuals had taken it on. If the core objective
is to monitor the impact of climate change, you probably do need
province-wide dates to reduce random variation at the (say)  County level.

Regards,
Rick Whitman

--94eb2c06226c0291560567f133f5

Developing a TABLE presentation for this topic is nothing like the Birds of=
 Winter List or the February List. For those it is Seen or Not Seen, provin=
le form, for the entire province, also has to be binary, does it not ? Or h=
ow many Tables with how many location boxes per species will be needed ?=C2=
ncluded, All Others not</div><div>First Record included, All Later Records =
y go to a set of tables for each County (?) or a written Discussion much li=
ve the actual question is whether the birding community feels a single tabl=
e approach for Almost-Rigid-Migrants, First Record only, province-wide, add=
aw the first notice from Alix, I thought it was very exciting and was surpr=
ised that a few individuals had taken it on. If the core objective is to mo=
nitor the impact of climate change, you probably do need province-wide date=
s to reduce random variation at the (say) =C2=A0County level.</div><div><br=

--94eb2c06226c0291560567f133f5--