[NatureNS] Aggressive Starling

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 17:45:31 -0400

--------------D3ED66DEC1AFF13827F205BE

I saw exactly the same thing yesterday in my yard.  When the one on its
back became free, it chased the other one away.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 2/18/2018 4:56 PM, nancy dowd wrote:
> I just watched as a Starling swooped down on top of another one feeding on the ground. The aggressor had the other on its back and was jabbing at it with its beak until it managed to get away and they both flew off. Never saw that happen before. But the Starlings are quite combative amongst this small group of seven who are feeder regulars.
>
> Nancy D
> E Dalhousie, Kings Co.
>
> Sent from my iPad

--------------D3ED66DEC1AFF13827F205BE

  <head>
  </head>
      yard.  When the one on its back became free, it chased the other
      one away.<br>
      Don<br>
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      cite="mid:EDE1E80F-0C2C-4BBD-A371-18CD7E556EDA@gmail.com">
      <pre wrap="">I just watched as a Starling swooped down on top of another one feeding on the ground. The aggressor had the other on its back and was jabbing at it with its beak until it managed to get away and they both flew off. Never saw that happen before. But the Starlings are quite combative amongst this small group of seven who are feeder regulars.

Nancy D
E Dalhousie, Kings Co.

Sent from my iPad

</pre>