[NatureNS] Insect Decline

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Phil Schappert <philjs@eastlink.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:22:51 -0300

inline-block;
On 2017-09-26 8:46 AM, Mary Macaulay wrote:

> (...snip...) Finally many in our region are now in pitched battle with
> the Brazilian fire ant. This ant prefers open dry areas. Take
> preventive measures by minimizing its habitat by headging & meadowing
> up your lawn.

I think what you mean is the red or European fire ant, Mary, Myrmica
rubra, and not the "imported" Brazilian fire ant, Solenopsis invicta. As
far as I'm aware, S. invicta has yet, thankfully, to be reported from NS...

Phil

--

Phil Schappert, PhD

27 Clovis Ave.
Halifax, NS, B3P 1J3

philschappert.ca
soundcloud.com/phil-schappert
imaginaturestudio.ca

   ◎|||||||◎

"Just let imagination lead, reality will follow through..."
                                         (Michael Hedges)