[NatureNS] NSBS September Meeting - Robie Tufts - His Life and Legacy - this Thursday

From: "David Currie" <david_currie@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 09:27:45 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01D335E0.8B54E720

Join us in the main floor gallery at the Nova Scotia Museum of Natural =
History, 1747 Summer Street, Halifax on Thursday, September 28 at 7:30PM =
for the first NSBS meeting after the Summer break.

We are very pleased to welcome Mark Elderkin, who is Nova Scotia's =
provincial Species at Risk biologist as he relates his personal stories =
about one of our most well-known characters in our ornithological =
history. Mark gave this talk as Part of the Libraries 150 project in New =
Glasgow earlier this month to showcase Robie=92s =93Birds of Nova =
Scotia=94 which was selected as one of the 150 Books of Influence =
commemorating Nova Scotia=92s literary heritage.

Mark was greatly influenced by Robie Tufts, befriending him when he was =
only 8 years old, remaining close friends until Robie's death in 1982. =
Robie, of course, was well-known as one of the first to bring bird lore =
out of the scientific journals and into the public domain after =
publishing several books including The Birds of Nova Scotia in 1961.=20

These talks are free and open to the public, so bring a friend!=20

Special note: The museum has notified us that the south parking lot is =
controlled by the QEII with pay to park access, 24 hours a day. Free =
parking is available along Summer street and within a short walk to =
avoid a fee.

As always, there will be refreshments after the talk.

Dave

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01D335E0.8B54E720

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dfsl style=3D'data-testid: =
"event-permalink-details"'>Join us in=20
the main floor gallery at the Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History, =
1747 Summer=20
Street, Halifax on Thursday, September 28 at 7:30PM for the </SPAN><SPAN =

class=3Dfsl style=3D'data-testid: "event-permalink-details"'>first NSBS =
meeting=20
after the Summer break.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dfsl=20
style=3D'data-testid: "event-permalink-details"'></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dfsl style=3D'data-testid: =
"event-permalink-details"'>We are very=20
pleased to welcome Mark Elderkin, who is Nova Scotia's provincial =
Species at=20
Risk biologist as he relates his personal stories about one of our most=20
well-known characters in our ornithological history. Mark gave this talk =
as Part=20
of the Libraries 150 project in New Glasgow earlier this month to =
showcase=20
Robie=92s =93<EM><U>Birds of Nova Scotia</U></EM>=94 which was selected =
as one of the=20
150 Books of Influence commemorating Nova Scotia=92s literary=20
heritage.<BR></SPAN><SPAN class=3Dfsl=20
style=3D'data-testid: "event-permalink-details"'><BR>Mark was greatly =
influenced=20
by Robie Tufts, befriending him when he was only 8 years old, remaining =
close=20
friends until Robie's death in 1982. Robie, of course, was well-known as =
one of=20
the first to bring bird lore out of the scientific journals and into the =
public=20
domain after publishing several books including The Birds of Nova Scotia =
in=20
1961. </SPAN></DIV><SPAN class=3Dfsl=20
style=3D'data-testid: "event-permalink-details"'>
<DIV><BR>These talks are free and open to the public, so bring a friend! =

<BR></DIV>
<DIV>Special note: The museum has notified us that the south parking lot =
is=20
controlled by the QEII with pay to park access, 24 hours a day. Free =
parking is=20
available along Summer street and within a short walk to avoid a =
fee.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>As always, there will be refreshments after the talk.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: =
#000000">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: =
#000000">Dave</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: =
#000000">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: =
#000000">&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01D335E0.8B54E720--