[NatureNS] Butterflies and birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 13:05:37 -0300

We are beginning to see Monarchs here in White Point, Queens. I had 3
Monarchs in my yard just now. There are Painted Ladies as well as several
others. I've primarily been watching for monarchs but have Fritillaries, a
couple Red Admirals. Missing are Mourning Cloaks. The lighthouse Awareness
art show and sale is opening this week in Port Medway at Lighthouse park so
I have been there and have been watching Swallows, I think they are barn
Swallows and Terns. I am not sure of which terns they are but if the weather
holds I will be in the park painting Saturday, likely around the wharf or
lighthouse so will have the camera and may be able to photograph them. I
have seen a couple Herons there as well as at West Berlin.  There were
several small groups of shore birds flying in formation along the sand on
the ocean side at Ragged Harbour. One thing of note is there is sea lavender
or marsh heater as we grew up calling it. Not a lot but more than I have
seen the past number of years.
Beat regards, Marg Millard.

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please