[NatureNS] Mink and Green Crab

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:47:17 -0400

On 9/29/2016 7:44 PM, Hubcove@aol.com wrote:
> They feed on the Green crabs regularly in the cove. I never cease to be
> amazed at how well they swim and dive.

* it's wise that they stick to Green Crabs. In 1988, on Vancouver Island
we saw a Mink struggling with a large Dungeness Crab in open water, and
subsequently coming out on the shore and shaking its feet, as if it had
found itself rather too severely pinched by the Crab.

fred.

--
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
            Fragile Inheritance Natural History