[NatureNS] Butterfly numbers and question about budworm spraying

From: Donna Crossland <dcrossland@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 21:17:46 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01D1FFDF.4AA2FB00

It's very interesting to read of these various insect observations.
Creating awareness is valuable to those of us who haven't yet ventured into
this domain.

I could use some help from folks who are much more in-the-know on what they
might predict the potential effects of spraying bT for spruce budworm would
do to our butterfly populations and other insects.  It's all potential bird
food in my mind, and that's a concern, but what of other non-target insect
populations here?  Timing is everything, as I understand it.  I haven't had
time to research this topic, but I would like some Nova Scotia-specific
observations/predictions on what that might mean to our insect populations
if spraying began next year, which may happen.   Thoughts?

Donna Crossland (naive insect person)