[NatureNS] Quest for Shorebirds - Silver Sands Beach (The Moose), Cow Bay - July 25th at 9am

From: Christopher <cpetershfx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 21:40:54 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Everyone,

I’m pleased to announce that I’m leading a Nova Scotia Bird Society field trip on Saturday, July the 25th.  It’s at 9am.   It’s a “Quest for Shorebirds”.

Meet at 9:00am at “The Moose”. We will walk along the rocky beach to view shorebirds.  Black bellied Plover, Semipalmated Plover, Killdeer, Greater Yellowlegs, Lesser Yellowlegs, Willet, Ruddy Turnstone, Least Sandpiper, and Short-billed Dowitcher are all possible.
Take binoculars, water and proper footware. The walk is expected to last between 2 –3 hours. Storm Date: Sunday July 26.

I will bring my scope and binoculars for anyone that would like to use them.

Here’s a link to the location:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Silver+Sands+Beach+Park/@44.5530925,-63.2627249,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4b5a3c5435955cf9:0xfc206d047e4fa893

Any questions let me know.

Leader : Chris Peters(902) 456-3310 Email: cpetershfx@hotmail.com