[NatureNS] Monarch sighted today

Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 23:10:04 -0300
From: Larry Bogan <larry@bogan.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Marg,
   Brooklyn Corners in the Annapolis Valley, north of Cambridge Station..

   Tags are available from the http://shop.monarchwatch.org .  $15 US for 25.
   You can also register as a Waystation there also. All the money for a good cause of helping the Monarchs.
  There is a lot of information available at http://monarchwatch.org

  Male Monarchs have a thinner black lines on their wing with pouches on the hind wing. I would have to have a diagram to show you.  Look at http://www.monarchwatch.org/biology/sexing.htm  for the details. (the page shows how to sex a pupae, which I have never tried).

  The website also shows how to raise Monarchs. It helps increase the numbers of adults. Most never make it from the egg stage.  It is very satisfying to watch them grow and change. I missed not having any last year.

Larry
Larry Bogan
Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia
<larry@bogan.ca>