[NatureNS] Squirrel

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 21:06:19 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a113476543c9ae104fb5bfcb7

Hi,

Black squirrels are a color phase of the Gray squirrel - which occurs to
our S. and W. (e.g. Ont., Mass.), and they are starting to become
established in Kings Co., and probably elsewhere - generally at the expense
of our native Red squirrels.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--001a113476543c9ae104fb5bfcb7

se of the Gray squirrel - which occurs to our S. and W. (e.g. Ont., Mass.),=
 and they are starting to become established in Kings Co., and probably els=
ewhere - generally at the expense of our native Red squirrels.<br>

_quote">On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Mander <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:mmander@ns.sympatico.ca" target=3D"_blank">mmander@ns.sympatico=

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Not sure if this is noteworthy but about a w=
eek ago I saw a jet black squirrel run across the road in front of me on th=
e driveway hill leading to the Valley Regional Hospital. It was headed towa=
rds the wooded area by the Beacon Centre. I know there have been many conve=
rsations about the furry creatures posted here and I could only ever rememb=
er seeing black ones in Ontario.<br>

Mark, Coldbrook<br>
Sent from my iPad<br>
chard Stern, <br>Port Williams, NS, Canada<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichar=
d@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>##############=
#####

--001a113476543c9ae104fb5bfcb7--