[NatureNS] Black throated blue warblers

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 21:33:02 -0300

This afternoon, I drove to the Western Head Compost yard (outside Liverpool)
to see what was happening there. It was very quiet and as I was checking to
see were there turtles in the pond with the Vacuum pump hookup, I noticed a
very active  bird. It was flitting about on a Maple that was blooming and
seem to be getting insects both from the tips but also would nip something
from the air. As it flew across the small pond, it was interacting with
three others, I did get a good look at them but from a distance. Finally one
landed within 15' of the truck. The others joined it and they flew across
the road and down into  a thicket where an old apple tree had blown over.
I have been searching and searching and the closest I have come up with is
Black Throated Blue Warblers. I have had one or two before here on my
property, matching the male description to a tee.  These were different
somehow. Maybe juveniles males? One seemed to flash a tiny bit of (a crest?)
eyebrow? but very hidden. I will keep searching...but if anyone can come up
with a suggestion, I'd like to check it out.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens

http://MargMillard.ca