[NatureNS] Wolf Reintroduction

From: "Hebda, Andrew J" <HEBDAAJ@gov.ns.ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:13:25 +0000

Wolves apparently re-appeared in the province in the 1790s, with a bounty being applied at about that time.  The bounty was in place up to about the time of WWI, but there were very few bounties paid out after the 1860s.  Specific data should be on file somewhere.

So I suspect that they were not here in large numbers at that time.

Andrew

A Hebda
NSM Collections (Zoology)