[NatureNS] Mystery Bird

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 00:20:27 +0000

--_0287f760-757b-4fd1-a203-f5de437d1c29_

Thank you Jim:
=20
I would like others to weigh in on this as I'm puzzled.  Yes a sharpie was =
ruled out as it was only Kingfisher sized.  It was too thin and elongated t=
o have been a hawk.  I'm quite mystified as it did not match anything that =
I can think of.  The elongation of the bird with the short wings puzzles me=
.  I really would have like to have been able to track it down and get a be=
tter look=2C but it just seemed to vanish.  I circled the tree that I thoug=
ht it went into=2C but could see no evidence of a bird there=2C so it obvio=
usly carried on with its flight.  The fact that it was going so close to th=
e ground also puzzles me.  Would a rail in flight look like this?  I'm at a=
 loss.   =20
=20
Sincerely=2C
=20