[NatureNS] governance and science

From: John and Nhung <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:50:58 -0400

Good point, Paul.

It struck me in another way, in the course of a little job in the Mekong
Delta back in 2009.  I noticed that at high tide, the water overflowed the
floors of some of the houses near the canals, and the subdistrict with whom
we had worked since '03 told us they were going to have to re-build their
office on higher ground for the same reason.  Not that there was much higher
ground around.

And unlike some of us, they are bright enough not to build in areas which
normally get flooded by tidewater.

These people didn't ask for what's coming.