[NatureNS] Eiders and other ducks off Pt Pleasant, Halifax

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 12:57:35 +0000

Hi all,

For quite a few days now there's been a big flock of eiders off the southeast corner of Pt Pleasant Park. I haven't found a king among them yet, but there are so many and they're so accessible that I thought I'd mention them in case others wanted to try.

At worst, you'll also likely see purple sandpipers (11 yesterday) and various diving ducks that are also close in and fun to sort through.

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax