[NatureNS] Advice re selling scope sought

Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:13:30 -0300
From: Peter Payzant <pce@accesswave.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

d@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank"&gt;sternrichard@gmail.com&lt;/a&gt;&lt;b

--Boundary_(ID_/Jq8RAPnJb0rEJk77upxAg)

Terry and Richard-

Thanks for your advice, and the scope is now sold!

Peter

On 2013-05-30 8:03 PM, Richard Stern wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are also a couple of nature-photo orientated web sites that have
> buy and sell sections, e.g. Fredmiranda.com, Naturescapes.net and the
> Yahoo group Digiscoping Birds. I might add that the details you put
> somewhere on line (can't remember where), suggest it's a great deal.
> Same scope as mine, and I love it. A few scratches or dents on the
> body work are no big deal.
>
> Richard
>

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Terry Boswell <ta_boz@hotmail.com
> <mailto:ta_boz@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Peter,
>
>     I am sur for this particular sale the NSBS Facebook page is ideal
>     and would not offend anyone. It is, afterall, an open forum of all
>     things birdy!
>
>     Terry Boswell
>
>     > Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 16:46:29 -0300
>     > From: pce@accesswave.ca <mailto:pce@accesswave.ca>
>     > To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca <mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
>     > Subject: Re: [NatureNS] Advice re selling scope sought
>     >
>     > I'm not on FaceBook so I have never seen their page. Anybody
>     know if
>     > "for sale" items are acceptable there? I know that many places
>     > discourage this sort of posting.
>     >
>     > Peter
>     >
>     > On 2013-05-24 3:59 PM, Tom & Terri wrote:
>     > > You could try Nova Scotia Bird Society Face Book site!
>     > >
>     > > Tom
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Payzant"
>     <pce@accesswave.ca <mailto:pce@accesswave.ca>>
>     > > To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca <mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>>
>     > > Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 3:40 PM
>     > > Subject: [NatureNS] Advice re selling scope sought
>     > >
>     > >
>     > >> Hi-
>     > >>
>     > >> I have a fairly good spotting scope that I would like to
>     sell. I'm
>     > >> leaving out the details here because I don't want to give the
>     > >> impression that I'm trying to sell it on NatureNS - I'm not.
>     What I
>     > >> am looking for is suggestions about how best to go about it.
>     Kijiji?
>     > >> Craig's List? They both seem too general to me. I'd like to
>     reach
>     > >> birders and other naturalists if possible.
> [...]

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      Thanks for your advice, and the scope is now sold!<br>
      Peter<br>
      On 2013-05-30 8:03 PM, Richard Stern wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAAwXBYc7j5+FVjrwNTfAT+czRbuZ1e11BA97DgMt+JLVbYF=1A@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          There are also a couple of nature-photo orientated web sites
          that have buy and sell sections, e.g. Fredmiranda.com,
          Naturescapes.net and the Yahoo group Digiscoping Birds. I
          might add that the details you put somewhere on line (can't
          remember where), suggest it's a great deal. Same scope as
          mine, and I love it. A few scratches or dents on the body work
          are no big deal.<br>
        Richard<br>
            Terry Boswell <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:ta_boz@hotmail.com" target="_blank">ta_boz@hotmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
            wrote:<br>
              .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                  &nbsp;<br>
                  I am sur for this particular sale the NSBS Facebook
                  page is ideal and would not offend anyone. It is,
                  afterall, an open forum of all things birdy!<br>
                  &nbsp;<br>
                  Terry Boswell<br>
                  &nbsp;<br>
                    &gt; Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 16:46:29 -0300<br>
                    &gt; From: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="mailto:pce@accesswave.ca" target="_blank">pce@accesswave.ca</a><br>
                    &gt; To: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca"
                      target="_blank">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca</a><br>
                    &gt; Subject: Re: [NatureNS] Advice re selling scope
                    sought<br>
                    &gt; <br>
                    &gt; I'm not on FaceBook so I have never seen their
                    page. Anybody know if <br>
                    &gt; "for sale" items are acceptable there? I know
                    that many places <br>
                    &gt; discourage this sort of posting.<br>
                    &gt; <br>
                    &gt; Peter<br>
                    &gt; <br>
                    &gt; On 2013-05-24 3:59 PM, Tom &amp; Terri wrote:<br>
                    &gt; &gt; You could try Nova Scotia Bird Society
                    Face Book site!<br>
                    &gt; &gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt; Tom<br>
                    &gt; &gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt; ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter
                    Payzant" &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="mailto:pce@accesswave.ca" target="_blank">pce@accesswave.ca</a>&gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt; To: &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca"
                      target="_blank">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca</a>&gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt; Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 3:40 PM<br>
                    &gt; &gt; Subject: [NatureNS] Advice re selling
                    scope sought<br>
                    &gt; &gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; Hi-<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; I have a fairly good spotting scope
                    that I would like to sell. I'm <br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; leaving out the details here because I
                    don't want to give the <br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; impression that I'm trying to sell it
                    on NatureNS - I'm not. What I <br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; am looking for is suggestions about
                    how best to go about it. Kijiji? <br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; Craig's List? They both seem too
                    general to me. I'd like to reach <br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; birders and other naturalists if
                    possible.<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; Any ideas?<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; Thanks<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; Peter Payzant<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt; Waverley<br>
                    &gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
                    &gt; &gt;<br>
                    &gt; <br>
          -- <br>
          Richard Stern, <br>
          Port Williams, NS, Canada<br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com"
            target="_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>

--Boundary_(ID_/Jq8RAPnJb0rEJk77upxAg)--