[NatureNS] Edible flowers (was Purple Violets and Black-capped Chickadee

Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 23:18:28 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "P.L. Chalmers" <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=====================_945765==.ALT

Today's Globe & Mail contained an article :Get seasonal: 12 Canadian
chefs and their favourite spring ingredients " in which Trout Lily
leaves were promoted as a wild green vegetable, like Dandelion greens!

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax

At 08:51 PM 07/05/2013, you wrote:
>Hi all:
>
>When I've eaten them in the past I've boiled them and then put a
>small amount of butter on them.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>James
>  '
>From: dwebster@glinx.com
>To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
>Subject: Re: [NatureNS] Purple Violets and Black-capped Chickadee Nest Sites
>Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 09:58:03 -0300
>
>Hi James,                            May 7, 2013
>     I tried Violet greens many years ago and was not impressed.
> Perhaps I just got a bad lot, over-mature or some other problem.
>     Should one avoid fully expanded leaves ?
>Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville

12 Canadian chefs and their favourite spring ingredients &quot; in which
Trout Lily leaves were promoted as a wild green vegetable, like Dandelion
greens!<br><br>
Patricia L. Chalmers<br>
Halifax<br><br>
At 08:51 PM 07/05/2013, you wrote:<br>