[NatureNS] Squash Seeds

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:28:28 -0500
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, Hubcove@aol.com

Quoting Hubcove@aol.com:

> Lightly roasted they are great snacks and good for the  digestive tract.

* clean them of adhering flesh, mix with a little oil and salt, put
them in a mug, and microwave until they turn a crunchy tan colour.

Do not spread them out on an aluminum plate and put them in the oven
of the wood stove with the thought that you'll remember to take them
out in time. They will be black by the time you think of them next
morning (or, so to speak, this morning).

fred.

> Bulk barn and others sell them but I find them too salty so  rinse off the
> salt first.
> Peter Stow
>

> In a message dated 13/12/2012 6:42:15 P.M. Atlantic Standard Time,
> nhungjohn@eastlink.ca writes:
>

> Squash  and pumpkin seeds are good eating for us, too!  They?re sold in
> Viet Nam  as a snack, something like peanuts here.  Bet they do the
> same thing
> in  some other countries!

          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
          South Nation Basin Art & Science Book