[NatureNS] Audubon's Warbler Sampson Trail - Lourdes - Pictou Co.

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:32:43 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01CDC72B.E7116350

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi all
While on a scouting mission today (Nov 20, about 1p.m.) for a suitable =
field trip location for the Pictou Co. Young Naturalist's Club (YNC), I =
discovered and was able to photograph a fall male AUDUBON'S WARBLER on =
the Sampson Trail in the Lourdes area of Stellarton-New Glasgow =
approximately behind the Sobey's warehouse building near where the =
railway bridge crosses the East River of Pictou. The bird was alone in a =
large leafless hardwood and gave superior views- lack of supercillum, =
blank face, bright yellow-throat patch and wing bars somewhat coalesced =
into a white wing patch. The throat patch on this bird was very similar =
to one I saw in Canso a week ago. but I had a much better and lingering =
view of this bird. It was still in the tree when I left.=20
Stunning day here for a walk along this pretty trail with a good view of =
the MacLellan Marsh and East River. When I get a chance I will post a =
photo to the NS-RBA warbler album.=20
cheers
Ken

PS I think this will make a nice walk for the YNC.
------=_NextPart_000_002E_01CDC72B.E7116350

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton =
NS<BR>B0K=20
1S0<BR>902 752-7644<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>While on a scouting mission today (Nov =
20, about=20
1p.m.)&nbsp;for a suitable field trip location for the Pictou Co. Young=20
Naturalist's Club (YNC), I discovered and was able to photograph a fall =
male=20
<STRONG>AUDUBON'S WARBLER&nbsp;</STRONG></FONT><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3DArial>on the=20
Sampson Trail in the Lourdes area of Stellarton-New Glasgow =
approximately behind=20
the Sobey's warehouse building near where the railway bridge crosses the =
East=20
River of Pictou. The bird was alone in a large leafless hardwood and =
gave=20
superior views- lack of supercillum, blank face, bright yellow-throat =
patch and=20
wing bars somewhat coalesced into a white wing patch. The throat patch =
on this=20
bird was very similar to one I saw in Canso a week ago. but I had a much =
better=20
and lingering view of this bird. It was still in the tree when I left.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Stunning day here for a walk along this =
pretty=20
trail with a good view of the MacLellan Marsh and East River. When I get =
a=20
chance I will post a photo to the NS-RBA warbler album. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Ken</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>PS I think this will make a nice walk =
for the YNC.=20
</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01CDC72B.E7116350--