Comment; long: was Re: [NatureNS] Scotts Miracle-Gro pleads

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 13:41:13 -0300
From: "Stephen R. Shaw" <srshaw@dal.CA>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Dave:
'Lead chromate (a common adulterant of curry)'.  You've got a wry
sense of humour, but lead chromate, are you serious?  It's highly and
broadly toxic on account both of lead and of hexavalent chromium, and
I think was banned from yellow paint ages ago -- I hadn't heard of
this one.  Turmeric?  What's the evidence trail on lead chromate in
curry?
  Steve (concerned and off his food, in Halifax)