[NatureNS] Looking for Track Identification Help

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of desolatechair@gmail.com designates 10.50.155.202 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.50.155.202;
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 15:22:40 -0400
From: james simpson <desolatechair@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--e89a8f23549f6e028004ba97f78d

 Flat Rock <http://g.co/maps/m3y2p>  - upriver about 500m from where the
Bog Road crosses Halfway River, just south of Hantsport.

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:33 PM, AngelaJoudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Where abouts in Hants Co.? I took some pics on Sat. of tracks very similar
> to what you are describing with plans to ask on here as well!
>
> I had read about the fisher tracks a few weeks ago my curiosity was peeked.
>
> I can send you a few of my pics and we can compare.
>
> Also I can send mine to anyone else ( once I transfer them to my computer.
> )
>
> Thanks
>
> Angela in Windsor
>

> On 03/06/12, desolatechair@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I have some photos of some tracks I came across in snow last week in woods
> in Hants County. They are in pairs, about 2' apart. The prints are
> roundish, about 2" diameter, 5 toed, no claws visible.
>
> I believe they are some type of cat but not sure - they seem small for a
> bobcat but too far apart for a domestic cat. At one point where the trail
> crossed a logging road the animal must have broken into a lope because all
> four feet were landing in the same spot and the landing points were 4'
> apart.
>
> Any thoughts? Haven't been able to find any good NS references online yet.
> Can email photos if interested let me know offline.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jamie
>
> --
> "The significant problems of our time cannot be solved by the same level
> of thinking that created them."
> Albert Einstein
>
> "When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the
> rest of the world."
> John Muir

--e89a8f23549f6e028004ba97f78d

dana&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">=A0<a href=3D"http://g.co/maps/m3y2p">Fl=
at Rock</a>=A0 - upriver about 500m from where
the Bog Road crosses Halfway River, just south of Hantsport.=A0 <br></span>=

dana&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">=A0</span></p>

udrey <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:aljoudrey@eastlink.ca">aljoud=
style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Where abouts in Hants Co.? I took some pics on Sat. of tracks very similar =
to what you are describing with plans to ask on here as well!<br><br>I had =
read about the fisher tracks a few weeks ago my curiosity was peeked.<br>
end mine to anyone else ( once I transfer them to my computer. )<br><br>Tha=
2, <a href=3D"mailto:desolatechair@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">desolatecha=
ir@gmail.com</a> wrote:</span><blockquote style=3D"border-left:1px solid rg=
b(0,0,255);padding-left:13px;margin-left:0pt" type=3D"cite">
 week in woods in Hants County.  They are in pairs, about 2&#39; apart.  Th=
e prints are roundish, about 2&quot; diameter, 5 toed, no claws visible.  <=
br>
a bobcat but too far apart for a domestic cat.  At one point where the trai=
l crossed a logging road the animal must have broken into a lope because al=
l four feet were landing in the same spot and the landing points were 4&#39=
; apart.<br>
ine yet.  Can email photos if interested let me know offline.<br><br>Thanks=
blems of our time cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that creat=
ed them.&quot;<br>
Albert Einstein<br><br>&quot;When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he =
finds it attached to the rest of the world.&quot;<br>John Muir

--e89a8f23549f6e028004ba97f78d--