[NatureNS] robin in Wolfville and Bohemian Waxwings; Cardinal whistling

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 01:34:04 -0400

Last Monday one Robin was close to my house in the morning scolding as I went out to the
car to go to work. Several days later Trudel Waseem and Muhammed reported from Bay
Street here in Wolfville that a flock of approximately 150 Bohemian Waxwings had briefly
alighted in their yard, interested in their compost pile and their neighbour's and the crab
apple tree produce.
A male cardinal has been whistling on quite a regular basis for about two weeks now,
especially in the mornings.  It was in my yard Thursday morning about 8:30am, but I have
yet to see it. The past two days I have also heard White-breasted Nuthatches calling in this
area (25 Gaspereau Avenue). There are on a regular basis Black capped Chickadees and
lately a few more American Goldfinches at my feeders. Marie Wamboldt in Clementsvale
has also seen Robins for about two weeks now and yesterday had a male Purple Finch at
her feeders for the first time in several years. Jean Timpa