[NatureNS] Stonewalled; barely NatureNs material

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of randy.lauff@gmail.com designates 10.42.157.69 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.42.157.69;
From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:33:54 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--90e6ba6e845447060104b9655ab9

Sorry to hear of the problems, Dave. I've ordered from Abe many times, and
it's been flawless. I even found one of the books I had as a kid *How the
Animals get to the Zoo*.

Sears, on the other hand... oh, that's not even close to NatureNS material.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 18 February 2012 22:17, David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>wrote:

> Dear All,                        Feb 18, 2012
>   In a strict sense this is not NatureNS material but I expect many buy
> books and it does involve predatory behavior.  Beware of Abebooks. If your
> book arrives fine; but if it does not arrive then tough. At least that has
> been my experience.
>
>   I ordered a fairly expensive second-hand book from Abebooks UK on Nov 14
> and the order was sublet to J D Book Corner.
>
>   When the book had not arrived by Dec 30 I tried to make contact and have
> written twice (three times if you count today) more requesting a refund but
> have received only automated replies to the effect that someone will
> contact me within two days.
>
>   And applying for a refund on their site, without direct contact with a
> person, is like finding a way to untie the Gordian Knot.
>
>   Too bad Lee Valley (a first-rate company) does not run Abebooks.
>
> Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville

--90e6ba6e845447060104b9655ab9

Sorry to hear of the problems, Dave. I&#39;ve ordered from Abe many times, =
and it&#39;s been flawless. I even found one of the books I had as a kid <i=
 hand... oh, that&#39;s not even close to NatureNS material.</div>

lison Webster <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dwebster@glinx.com">d=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

Dear All, =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Feb 18, 2012<br>
 =A0 In a strict sense this is not NatureNS material but I expect many buy =
books and it does involve predatory behavior. =A0Beware of Abebooks. If you=
r book arrives fine; but if it does not arrive then tough. At least that ha=
s been my experience.<br>

 =A0 I ordered a fairly expensive second-hand book from Abebooks UK on Nov =
14 and the order was sublet to J D Book Corner.<br>
 =A0 When the book had not arrived by Dec 30 I tried to make contact and ha=
ve written twice (three times if you count today) more requesting a refund =
but have received only automated replies to the effect that someone will co=
ntact me within two days.<br>

 =A0 And applying for a refund on their site, without direct contact with a=
 person, is like finding a way to untie the Gordian Knot.<br>
 =A0 Too bad Lee Valley (a first-rate company) does not run Abebooks.<br>
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville<br>

--90e6ba6e845447060104b9655ab9--