[NatureNS] Mink at Peggy's Cove

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:38:14 -0300
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0015174c1c300d2d0604aabcd4e0

Being hit by a car is the number one reason we get wildlife, of all species=
.
Sad but true

Helene

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:15 PM, P.L. Chalmers
<plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>wrote:

> I saw a road-killed Mink in Bedford on Sunday.  It had made it half-way
> across the very busy Bedford Highway, with Moir's Pond on one side and
> Moir's Mill Road on the other.  I've never thought of a Mink as susceptib=
le
> to being hit by a car, but evidently it can happen.
>
> Patricia L. Chalmers
> Halifax
>

> At 05:34 PM 16/08/2011, you wrote:
>
>> All:
>>
>> On Sunday, my visiting far-flung family went to Peggy's Cove. Although
>> I and others here may be somewhat blas=E9, there is no doubt that
>> scrambling over the granite is greatly enjoyed by come-from-aways.
>>
>> A bonus this time was a large, dark mink darting over the rocks near
>> the high tide mark in full view of scores of visitors. An American
>> cousin called out its id, and there was lots of ooh-ing and ah-ing. I
>> asked a number of people if they had had ever seen one before, and
>> most said no. It then disappeared into a large crevice. I suppose a
>> mink could make a living in the general area, but not likely on the
>> granite outcrop as such.
>>
>> Cheers, Ian
>>
>> Ian McLaren

--=20
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
RR#1 Brookfield NS B0N1C0
902-893-0253
birdvet@hotmail.com
www.cwrc.net

--0015174c1c300d2d0604aabcd4e0

Being hit by a car is the number one reason we get wildlife, of all species=
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:15 PM, P.L. Chalmers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca">plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&gt;<=
/span> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">I saw a road-killed Mink in Bedford on Sund=
ay. =A0It had made it half-way across the very busy Bedford Highway, with M=
oir&#39;s Pond on one side and Moir&#39;s Mill Road on the other. =A0I&#39;=
ve never thought of a Mink as susceptible to being hit by a car, but eviden=
tly it can happen.<br>

Patricia L. Chalmers<br>
Halifax<br>
At 05:34 PM 16/08/2011, you wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
All:<br>
On Sunday, my visiting far-flung family went to Peggy&#39;s Cove. Although<=
br>
I and others here may be somewhat blas=E9, there is no doubt that<br>
scrambling over the granite is greatly enjoyed by come-from-aways.<br>
A bonus this time was a large, dark mink darting over the rocks near<br>
the high tide mark in full view of scores of visitors. An American<br>
cousin called out its id, and there was lots of ooh-ing and ah-ing. I<br>
asked a number of people if they had had ever seen one before, and<br>
most said no. It then disappeared into a large crevice. I suppose a<br>
mink could make a living in the general area, but not likely on the<br>
granite outcrop as such.<br>
Cheers, Ian<br>
Ian McLaren<br>
hotmail.com" target=3D"_blank">birdvet@hotmail.com</a></div>