[NatureNS] FW: Crow Problem

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 6:28:02 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Lynne Perry <perry.lynne@hotmail.com>

It was suggested that it is because it can see it's own reflection and thinks it is  an interloper. One thing that worked for my sister who had a very determined American Redstart banging into her livingroom picture window was to put a floor lamp in front of the window and turn the light on. The bird could no longer see its reflection and ceased the behavior...there anyway. After that it zeroed in on the side view windows of her car to do battle. She hung towels over them in that case. Hope this helps.

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth