[NatureNS] Re: unknown insect

Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:51:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: bev@magickcanoe.com
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Darrell,

Your mention of the stance and it being fast moving made me think it might be a species such as Philoscia muscorum.  They don't look as flattened down as the majority of the terrestrial isopods I see around my place.  Also it mentions they are fast moving.
http://invertebrates.si.edu/isopod/photogallery/philoscia.pdf

bev