[NatureNS] Sandhill Crane at Lower Canard

Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:02:47 -0400
From: Bob Lindsay <rhlindsay@accesswave.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_nvgOJruTcl81Iv51QvbCXA)

I understand that Jawbone Corner is the name for the intersection of
highways 341 and 358. Is that right?

Bob Lindsay
Dartmouth

On 01/03/2011 11:56 PM, Richard Stern wrote:
> 2 people - neither are really birders, but both are observant people
> and in possession of field guides, have told me separately, that they
> have seen a Sandhill crane along Canard St., between Jawbone Corner
> and Porters Point, near where the Towhee was seen around late Jan.
> Both told me they saw it in fields close to their house, and one told
> me it was soaring with 2 Bald eagles (!) over their house, this week.
> I made a quick foray yesterday, but to no avail.  I wonder if it's the
> bird that was at Grand Pre, pretty close as the crane flies, about a
> month ago.
>
> Richard
>
> --
> #################
> Richard Stern,
> 317 Middle Dyke Rd.
> Port Williams, NS, Canada
> B0P 1T0
>
> sternrichard@gmail.com <mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com>
> ###################

--Boundary_(ID_nvgOJruTcl81Iv51QvbCXA)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    I understand that Jawbone Corner is the name for the intersection of
    highways 341 and 358. Is that right?<br>
    Bob Lindsay<br>
    Dartmouth<br>
      type="cite">2 people - neither are really birders, but both are
      observant people and in possession of field guides, have told me
      separately, that they have seen a Sandhill crane along Canard St.,
      between Jawbone Corner and Porters Point, near where the Towhee
      was seen around late Jan. Both told me they saw it in fields close
      to their house, and one told me it was soaring with 2 Bald eagles
      (!) over their house, this week. I made a quick foray yesterday,
      but to no avail. &nbsp;I wonder if it's the bird that was at Grand Pre,
      pretty close as the crane flies, about a month ago.
        -- <br>
        Richard Stern, <br>
        317 Middle Dyke Rd.<br>
        Port Williams, NS, Canada<br>
        B0P 1T0<br>
        sternrichard@gmail.com<br>
      <pre wrap="">
</pre>

--Boundary_(ID_nvgOJruTcl81Iv51QvbCXA)--