[NatureNS] Local Birds

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 17:39:04 +0000

--_a63d7365-60b5-4f5f-bc99-1f67fdd01aa6_

HI all:
=20
This morning I stopped by 138 Creighton St. in Lunenburg.  This is a feeder=
 that is always full of life.  I was pleased to see 40 house sparrows=2C th=
ree white-throated sparrows=2C and a song sparrow.  Travelling with them we=
re two very noticeably small sparrows with pink bills.  They were field spa=
rrows.  There also was another sparrow that I saw for a while which had a y=
ellowish wash with a flat forehead.  A grasshopper sparrow.  It kept flippi=
ng in and out after that so after the initial look that was the only good l=
ook that I was able to get. =20
=20
At 290 Sandy Hollow Apartments=2C in behind is a set of feeders.  A juvenil=
e male lark sparrow is tending there.  I made my third trip this morning an=
d was able to get the bird.  A female northern cardinal was new for me at t=
hat site.  This feeder is on the road that goes below the Hospital.  I beli=
eve that it is Dufferin. =20
=20
David Walmark had a wood duck at Bayport the other day.
=20
A few morning ago=2C there was a belted kingfisher at First South.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bayport 		 	   		  =

--_a63d7365-60b5-4f5f-bc99-1f67fdd01aa6_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
HI all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
This morning I stopped by 138 Creighton St. in Lunenburg.&nbsp=3B This is a=
 feeder that is always full of life.&nbsp=3B I was pleased to see 40 house =
sparrows=2C three white-throated sparrows=2C and a song sparrow.&nbsp=3B Tr=
avelling with them were two very noticeably small sparrows with pink bills.=
&nbsp=3B They were field sparrows.&nbsp=3B There also was another sparrow t=
hat I saw for a while which had a yellowish wash with a flat forehead.&nbsp=
=3B A grasshopper sparrow.&nbsp=3B It kept flipping in and out after that s=
o after the initial look that was the only good look that I was able to get=
.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
At 290 Sandy Hollow Apartments=2C in behind is a set of feeders.&nbsp=3B A =
juvenile male lark sparrow is tending there.&nbsp=3B I made my third trip t=
his morning and was able to get the bird.&nbsp=3B A female northern cardina=
l was new for me at that site.&nbsp=3B This feeder is on the road that goes=
 below the Hospital.&nbsp=3B I believe that it is Dufferin.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
David Walmark had a wood duck at Bayport the other day.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
A few morning ago=2C there was a belted kingfisher at First South.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_a63d7365-60b5-4f5f-bc99-1f67fdd01aa6_--