[NatureNS] FW: CBC Radio Noon Tomorrow - For the Birds

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:53:55 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, Ian McLaren <iamclar@dal.ca>

--0016e65b535a071b870498193c7d

I heard this too, while at home for lunch. I too was very intrigued by what
sounds like  a good description of a Great Gray Owl in NS, and also didn't
get the location. Ian said it could be added to 3 or 4 records in the
Province. I gather there is only 1 recent record with an adequate
description. Ian, or anyone - can you give us any further details?

Richard

--
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,

Richard Stern,
317 Middle Dyke Rd.
Port Williams, NS, Canada
B0P 1T0

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016e65b535a071b870498193c7d

I heard this too, while at home for lunch. I too was very intrigued by what=
 sounds like =A0a good description of a Great Gray Owl in NS, and also didn=
&#39;t get the location. Ian said it could be added to 3 or 4 records in th=
e Province. I gather there is only 1 recent record with an adequate descrip=
tion. Ian, or anyone - can you give us any further details?<div>

te">On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:38 PM, P.L. Chalmers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca">plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&=
gt;</span> wrote:<br>

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;"> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0I heard part of this show w=
hile driving home from the Farmer&#39;s Market today, and was intrigued by =
this report too. =A0The Maritime Noon shows are archived at <a href=3D"http=
://www.cbc.ca/maritimenoon/archives.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.cbc.=
ca/maritimenoon/archives.html</a>. =A0It should be possible to listen to th=
e show again tomorrow by going to this site.<br>

 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Patricia L. Chalmers<br>
At 02:39 PM 23/12/2010, you wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Hello all,<br>
Enjoyed your hour of radio birding as usual. =A0Did you or any of the liste=
ners on this list catch the full name or location of the observer of what s=
ounded like a good Great Grey Owl record? =A0It would be useful to document=
 this for its distributional value.<br>

Wayne P. Neily<br>
Tremont, Kings Co., Nova Scotia<br>
&quot;Go forth, under the open sky, and list<br>
To Nature&#39;s teachings.&quot; - William Cullen Bryant, 1817 [Thanatopsis=
].<br>
&gt; Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:43:08 -0400<br>
&gt; From: <a href=3D"mailto:jgw@NBNET.NB.CA" target=3D"_blank">jgw@NBNET.N=
B.CA</a><br>
&gt; Subject: CBC Radio Noon Tomorrow - For the Birds<br>
&gt; To: <a href=3D"mailto:NATURENB@LISTSERV.UNB.CA" target=3D"_blank">NATU=
RENB@LISTSERV.UNB.CA</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Tomorrow from about 12:20 PM until 1 PM CBC Radio&#39;s &quot;Radio No=
on&quot; phone-in<br>
&gt; program will focus on birds and Christmas Bird Counts in the Maritimes=
. The<br>
&gt; program will be hosted by Steve Sutherland and guests Dwaine Oakley fr=
om<br>
&gt; PEI, Ian McLaren from NS and myself from NB will be answering question=
s<br>
&gt; about birds from callers in the three provinces.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; We do this three or four times each year and the December show provide=
s an<br>
&gt; opportunity to talk on CBC about the other CBC&#39;s - the Christmas B=
ird<br>
&gt; Counts.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; So if you&#39;re near a radio, listen in and find out what people are =
seeing in<br>
&gt; their neighborhoods th